Join us at Woodbine to apply the final plaster coat to the cob oven. We will arrive Friday afternoon and stay through Sunday afternoon. Please join us for any amount of time that you are able. All are welcome to join us for this celebratory event as we wrap up this project and put some of the final touches on this structure.
Food will be primarily on your own. We will fire up the oven for pizzas on Saturday evening.
Things to bring:
– food to share
– tools + gloves
– sleeping bag + camping gear (if you plan to stay overnight on-site)- a smile and a great attitude!
We’ll be posting more information on the schedule for the weekend and details on what to bring.
Please RSVP for the Plaster Party Below
Join us on Memorial Day Weekend for a work party at Woodbine Ecology Center. We’ll be roofing, experimenting with a mosaic, and assembling a prefabricated greenhouse. At the end of the day, we’ll celebrate with pizzas in the wood-fired cob oven. Folks are welcome (and encouraged!) to bring a tent and camp. There will also be some indoor sleeping space available too.
What you need to know:
- Come prepared. The weather changes quickly in the foothills and cools down significantly at night.
- Bring ample food as you’ll be on your own for lunch, breakfast, and snacks. For the evening pizza party, we’ll provide dough and a red sauce. Please bring toppings to share and anything specific for your dietary needs (ex. gluten-free dough).
- If you feel comfortable bringing tools, we could use additional drills / impact drivers. Please mark tools with your name.
- Bring gloves, safety glasses, hard hats (if you have them).
- Bring your own bedding if you intend on spending the night.